Nombre total de pages vues

Welcome!


















dimanche 3 mars 2013

Irish actors and actresses



-Hello! Nice to meet you. I would like to know who are your favorite Irish actors and actresses?
-Oh, my favorite actors and actresses? I will tell you the names of my four first ones.
-Thanks, you’re so nice.
-Well, with who am I going to begin with? Brenda Fricker, she is an award-winning actress!
-Her name does ring a bell! Tell me more about her.
-Well, she was born in 1945 in Dublin. Before she started her career she was an assistant art editor and she was dreaming and wishing to become a reporter. However, she became an actress at the age of 19 in 1964 appearing in the film “Human Bondage”. She became famous in her role in the television series in UK for her role as Megan Roach in “Casualty” and she played this role from the series' first episode in September 1986 and still continuing until 1990 and then only as a guest .  She also appeared in the movies: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York“, “So I Married an Axe Murderer” and “Inside I am Dancing”. As I told you, she won the Best Supporting Actress Price in 1989 as Christy Brown in the movies “My Left Foot”.
-Do you have a picture of her?
-Of course, here you are:
-She looks nice. And what about the others?

-There is also Richard Harris.
-Oh, the one who played Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter?
-That’s it! He died in 2002, I’m so sad; he was such a good actor. He also played in Camelot, in Oliver Cromwell, as a Gunfighter in Clint Eastwood’s “Unforgiven” (1992) and the ever-famous role of Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator (2000). He was also a singer and he is best remembered for his recording of Jimmy Webb’s song: Mac Arthur’s Park. He was also nominated for two Best Actor Academy Awards for “This Sporting Life” in 1964 and “The Field” in 1991.
 
There is also Liam Neeson, he was born in Northern Ireland but became a US citizen in 2009. He is popularly known as Oscar Schindler in the movie “Schindlers List“, Michael Collins in “Michael Collins“, Qui Gion Jinn in “Star Wars Episode I”, Alfred Kinsey in the movie “Kinsey”, Aslan in the movie: “Chronicles of Narnia”. There are many other movies like “Batman Begins” and “Taken”. Did you know this actor?
-Yes, but I didn’t know he was Irish.
-I think, you are not the only one. But whatever, the last actor I want you to know is Barry Fitzgerald. He was born as William Joseph Shields. He started to act in plays like Juno and the Paycock written by O’Casey’s. Then he went to Hollywood to star in another O’Casey's work, The Plough and the Stars (1936). He had a successful Hollywood career in many films such as The Long voyage Home (1940), How Green Was My Valley (1941), And Then There Were None (1945)… He won the Best Supporting Actor Award for the film Going My Way in 1944. He has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He died in 1961.
-Thank you for your  information.
-You’re welcome, I hope you’ll watch one of the movies of these actors !









Emilie & Madeleine

2 commentaires:

  1. Lots of good information on some great actors :) Well done

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What is the name of the Irish actor who played Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter ?

    RépondreSupprimer